When the world wasn’t so scientific yet, people had many myths to explain everything. That includes myths about conceiving a girl.
Since the ultrasound wasn’t there yet in the olden times, couples had to wait for 9 months before they could see their baby’s gender. So, people crafted some theories and myths so that they could predict and also influence their baby’s gender.
Here are some of those myths:
- The right testicle made boy sperm and the left one made girl sperm. This is especially true in the Middle Ages. Because of this myth, some men cut either their right or left testicle to influence their baby’s gender. I wonder if it was effective… Ouch!
- If the woman’s left breast is larger, then she’s conceiving a girl. If her right breasts are larger, she’s conceiving a boy.
- If the woman is carrying high, the baby is a girl. If the woman carries low, the baby is a boy. This is a famous one and I can still hear this until today.
- If the woman initiates sex and is more aggressive, the baby will be a boy. If the man initiates sex, the baby will be a girl. This is also a famous one.
- Sweeter foods will help women who want to conceive a girl. Salty foods will favor those who want to conceive a boy.
- Some people take note of the mother’s age and the year of conception. It’s a baby girl if both age and year are odd or both are even. It’s a baby boy if one is even and the other is odd.
- If the pregnant woman has an acne breakout on the chest and face during the pregnancy, she would be conceiving a girl. Reason? She is producing a larger number of female hormones that’s why she is having the acne breakout. So, the baby’s gender would follow.
These are just some of the myths about conceiving a girl. There are still so many. Just come to think of it, all cultures in the world have their own myths about this.
Now, the natural ways to conceiving a girl is not an exact science. What we could just do is to influence our baby’s gender based on scientific findings. These findings do increase the chances of influencing your child’s gender.
What do we do with these myths? Well, we just have to chuckle. Please do not put too much weight on your findings using any of the above myths. Just relax and have some fun with them.